Agrilevante, the great Mediterranean trade exhibition
From 5 to 8 October, the great event organised by FederUnacoma and dedicated to the agricultural supply chains of the Mediterranean area will be back on stage in Bari. New features of the 2023 edition include a large space for gardening and landscaping, and an exhibition area dedicated to robotics for agriculture, as well as several initiatives being planned. Simona Rapastella: "the fair talks about the crucial challenges of this important geographical area".
More than 8 thousand models of machines and equipment for agriculture, gardening and related components, dozens of conventions and meetings on technical and economic-political topics, an exhibition area of more than 30 thousand square metres (80% already occupied and the remaining 20% to be sold out in the coming weeks).
These are the figures for the 2023 edition of Agrilevante, the major exhibition of technologies for typical Mediterranean area agriculture, organised by FederUnacoma, held in Bari from 5 to 8 October and presented this afternoon on the opening day of Agriumbria.
"The exhibition makes its return after the 2021 edition was suspended due to the health emergency," said FederUnacoma General Manager Simona Rapastella at the press conference, "and is confirmed as an event capable of involving all players in the agrifood supply chain, and in the economic, political, educational and training worlds." These sectors are joined by the gardening and landscaping sector, which will be expanded this year and is aimed at the audience of professional maintenance technicians and hobbyists, and advanced electronics and robotics, which will have a dedicated space at Agrilevante for the first time.
The collaboration with AIA (Italian Breeders' Association), Ara Puglia (Regional Breeders' Association) and Umbria Fiere for the organisation of the livestock show is being renewed.
"In order to rationally accommodate all sections of the exhibition," Rapastella explained, "the exhibition spaces will be partly redesigned. The large New Pavilion will remain the pivot of the event, and the Congress Centre will host the scheduled cultural and popular events. Next to the Centre will be the new structure reserved for official foreign delegations, where business-to-business meetings organised by FederUnacoma in cooperation with ICE will be held.
The 2023 edition of Agrilevante will be increasingly social. In addition to the usual promotional initiatives in traditional media, a Google campaign active in Italy and 20 countries in the Mediterranean area has been planned, while a dedicated team is already following the show's social media channels. In the coming months and during the event, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube content will be developed thanks to the collaboration of content creators from the sector and young students from the Faculty of Agriculture in Bari.
"Agrilevante is therefore the exhibition that presents the Mediterranean in its geographical peculiarities, in its agricultural production, in its demand for technologies and in its development models; and at the same time," concluded Rapastella, "it is the exhibition that talks about the crucial challenges of this region, those of the environment, political and social stability, integration, skills and professional training."
The latest FederUnacoma press releases
During the Novi Sad agricultural fair, FederUnacoma president Alessandro Malavolti presented the 7th edition of Agrilevante, the great event for Mediterranean agriculture, to be held in Bari from 5 to 8 October. Delegates and buyers from Serbia are also expected in the Fiera del Levante pavilions.
The participation of official foreign delegations from 35 countries, organised by Agenzia ICE and FederUnacoma, is confirmed. The programme for the presentation of the exhibition to the foreign press is in full swing: after the initiatives in Turkey, Morocco and Serbia, those in Greece and Algeria are already scheduled, while others are being planned in the target countries.
Registration figures for the first quarter of the year indicate a decline for tractors, and a recovery for other types of machinery after the loss recorded in the first quarter of 2022. Overall, the market remains at a standstill, affected by the delay in the procedures for granting public funds. There is concern about the buying and selling of used machinery, which is growing dramatically and does not improve the technological level of Italian farms.
During the press conference presenting the event, Ciheam director Maurizio Raeli stressed the strategic role of mechanisation for food safety. Bari's deputy mayor Di Sciascio highlighted the importance of the event for the entire city of Bari, while regional councillor Pentassuglia reiterated the importance of innovation for the renewal and evolution of agricultural economies. FederUnacoma president and director general Alessandro Malavolti and Simona Rapastella also spoke.